Why Join the Chamber?
- Allows you to attend monthly meetings and events where you will be kept abreast of current business developments, openings of new businesses, and future plans for the community as well as upcoming special events.
- Presents the opportunity to represent your local Chamber at regional, state, national and local Chamber of Commerce functions.
- Allows the privilege of having a Chamber office to hold special conferences, meetings, and training seminars.
- Allows you to receive and advertise in the Chamber Newsletter highlighting members, businesses, and events.
- Includes a membership package, complete with a membership certificate and pin to display within your business. Members promote members!
- Gives you the opportunity to advertise in special Chamber-sponsored events such as the Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Parade, Seminars, the Pecan Festival, and many other community events.
Membership in the SouthWest Mobile County Chamber of Commerce can be used very effectively to:
- Sponsor and coordinate activities to promote progress between businesses and the leaders of our community.
- Participate individually and collectively in the development of the economical resources of our community to attract new businesses and contribute to the growth of existing ones.
- Create a wholesome, friendly, and inspiring atmosphere of cooperative fellowship at Chamber-sponsored functions and community affairs.
- Organize and support Chamber programs that will attract tourists and conventions to SouthWest Mobile County and the surrounding areas.
- Develop and lead the business community toward important goals through active participation in Chamber affairs.
- Provide satisfaction that you are doing something positive for our community, which will benefit everyone in the areas future development.
10 Reasons to Join the Chamber
- Promote your Business SouthWest Mobile County Chamber of Commerce highlights member testimonials and business profiles on social media, multiple publications, and other platforms. We also promote members through various events and activities through our Business Advantage Investment campaign. The Chamber allows exclusive advertisement opportunities through Ribbon Cuttings, Grand Openings, and Re-Openings to our current established businesses.
- Build Business Relationships Providing opportunities for local businesses to Network and gain pertinent connections for success in their day-to-day operations such as Coffee with the Chamber, Monthly Business Lunches, Business After Hours and Business Socials. We also have opportunities for you to join committees to build your professional relationships.
- Get Involved Providing ways for individual professionals to get vested in the community through outreach and opportunities to make an impact within the community you work, play and live.
- Earn Credibility for your Business Identifying yourself as a member of the chamber, you gain a positive perception among consumers and other business professionals.
- Connect to the Workforce Businesses can gain knowledge from community leaders and educators while attending training sessions, lectures and workshops. The Chamber foundation also offers a Leadership Academy to high school seniors to help develop a skilled workforce through leadership and career exploration.
- Access Valuable Resources Members have access to numerous business resources regionally and statewide to provide valuable assets on issues that concern business owners and business professionals with additional program benefits. It’s the Chamber goal to provide tools that benefit all members by helping them succeed.
- Stay in Touch with the Community The Chamber provides resources to stay engaged through the publication of The Corner, distributed monthly. The calendar and the additional publications provided by the chamber also keep the community informed of governmental issues, community affairs and economic development within our community.
- Develop Professionally The Chamber provides professional development workshops through training classes, lectures and Mastermind sessions. Training classes can provide resources for community individuals looking to promote their skills as well as local business owners.
- Gain a Voice in local Government Chamber members are given numerous opportunities to connect with local elected leaders and are updated regularly on local issues that could impact the business community.
- Growing Opportunities Being a member of the Chamber, you have the opportunity to become an active member while being engaged in Chamber activities through the many Levels of Growth Campaign: Young Ambassadors, Diplomats, Committee Chairs, Board Members and Advisory Board opportunities are open to any member in good standing within the Community and Chamber.