Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
Let Us Know
If your business needs our help please let us know.
The SouthWest Mobile County Chamber of Commerce is working with local government agencies and communicating with state officials to bring you the most current information in regards to this pandemic and current situation we are finding ourselves in concerning our business practices and the care of our families and friends.
We will work to share information from the top down – working and remaining up to date on information from the Alabama Department of Public Health and the CDC, following and encouraging the following of protocols set forth by those organizations.
The goal for SWMC Chamber is to ensure that the information we share is accurate, informative and beneficial to our communities.
The goal for our Mobile Businesses and Nonprofit members is to ensure the safety and well-being of your employees, volunteers and customers.
Leadership in Washington is currently working on legislation to provide relief to the business community, working closely with the US Chamber and Small Business Administration, your local chambers are closely monitoring the situation and will share information on programs as they become available.
The Chamber of Commerce office is currently closed to the public; however, we are open to staff and prescheduled meetings. This is all in an effort to practice and encourage social distancing during this time. We assure you that your Chamber, Board and Staff are working and ready to assist however we can.
All employers should be implementing strategies to protect their workforce from the coronavirus while ensuring continuity of operations. Download these guides created by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, which are based on information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to learn more about how employers and employees can prepare for and address the impacts of the Coronavirus
Includes information on the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program, guidance for businesses and employers, SBA resources and government contracting
The Alabama Department of Public Health is providing constant updates on COVID-19 in Alabama.
Understand how OSHA standards apply to protecting workers from COVID-19.
Please use the link above for updates from Mobile County Public Schools to include the Superintendent, Medical & Health News, Nutritional Updates, General Information and Educational Resources. Updates will be provided at this link for COVID-19 as they are announced.
In addition to the resources included above, the U.S. Chamber and CDC suggest:
- Actively encouraging employees to stay home when sick.
- Emphasizing the importance of hand washing and respiratory etiquette by all employees.
- Routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces and providing cleaning wipes to employees to do the same.
- Making fact-based decisions regarding travel and complying with the latest guidance, specifically surrounding international travel.
- Maintaining business as usual with limited disruptions while monitoring the evolving situation.
- Mitigating household fear by keeping all employees informed on the facts of the situation and educating them on how they can prepare for the potential impacts of the virus.