As a Sales Coordinator with A&R Hospitality, you will play a vital role in supporting the Sales Managers and GM’s in all aspects of the sales effort. It is tremendously important for the ideal candidate to possess a high level of professionalism and enhanced communication skills. This position requires problem solving and attention to detail, while performing a wide array of duties such as corresponding with clients, entering contracts, responding to RFP’s and other equally important functions. This role is also a potential gateway to several career tracks including Sales, Front Office or Revenue Management.
- Provide support to the sales team in executing contracts, proposals, and correspondence
- Assist as needed with hotel and sales related functions, meetings, and blitzes, including tele- & online prospecting.
- Prepare and send out direct mail projects, sales packets and collateral
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with other departments within the hotels
- Coordinate third party services for groups and meetings in the hotels
- Provide summary and detail reports for internal meetings and events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Online Sales and Marketing upkeep of all brand and third-party lead systems.
- Attendance of networking events. Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups, companies and trade organizations, and attend local and out of town meetings and conventions in order to generate sales for the hotel.
- Conducts on-property site tours with, and in the absence of, sales managers
- Keep trace system up-to-date and in order.
- Responsible for managing all meeting room reservations and coordinating details with other departments including group agreements and set-up of meeting room.
- Attend sales meetings and hotel staff meeting to facilitate good communication and to discuss VIPs and incoming business in detail.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing
There are additional functions of the Sales Coordinator role that encompass supporting the various departments within each hotel to effectively communicate client needs, sales and marketing initiatives and various other programs on behalf of the sales effort.
- Communicating group bookings and needs to ensure high service levels for every client
- Develop promotional programs, point of sales materials, sales blitzes, etc.
- Auditing actualized performance of group bookings vs contract and projection in order to determine effectiveness of booking parameters
- Provide exemplary customer service to promote guest satisfaction during each group’s stay.
The optimal candidate will possess an enthusiastic, team-first attitude with a friendly and positive way of communicating. The ability to think on their feet and constant desire to improve the status-quo. Searches for new and innovative ways to conduct business and streamline the sales effort. Understands policies and procedures and works to encourage others to uphold the company’s core values.
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Well organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently
- Display initiative, perseverance and analytical skills
- Effective communication through professionalism and ethical behavior
- Team player and ability to get along with others
- Available to meet with groups/guests which may include weekends and/or holidays
- Ability to read, write and speak English, with excellent grammar and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Driver’s License and clean MVR
Accountable To: Area Director of Sales/General Managers
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30K – $40K /year